Spoilers - Risk it all

Another Adachi Baseball Series
Heibi2
Site Admin

Re: Spoilers - Risk it all

Post by Heibi2 »

Newser wrote:
Heibi2 wrote:The live action goes all the way to what happened after high school.
Live action only irritates me so far. The main reason is that I don't like the actors' acting, not only in this show but in live actions in general. Second, I don't like how the story is remade. Third, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the anime, but it's completely absent in live action. Maybe it would be okay for me if I haven't seen anime before, but I have, so I can't help but compare the two
I've already started to read manga and once I finish it, I'll consider watching the rest of live action, just to see how they remade the rest of the story; I wouldn't want to know their version first
I think the hard part is, the voice actors just had to emote and perform the lines, while the live actors had to actually act out the scene with movement and emotion. So the live action drama will always have a different feel to it.

Newser

Post by Newser »

Heibi2 wrote:
Newser wrote:What the hell did Hiro do with Haruka at the end of the 20th episode? It was funny but I didn't understand: was he just rejoicing or was there some hidden meaning in those particular actions?
Yes, very weird.
Now that I've seen the manga version, I think it was just the sign of rejoice: Hiro realizes that the team was established and he's very glad, that scene was just on the next morning after principal agreed, so it looks more appropriate and logically there, while in anime there are some additional scenes in-between and it's right after the visit to the doctor which makes it a little bit confusing: I don't think that Hiro would be concerned even if his leg was broken because there was whole year ahead of him to heal, so I don't see reason to be so glad about that. I have to admit that the addition where Hiro's parents peeked on him, didn't understand and did the same thing made it more funny

Newser

Post by Newser »

Newser wrote:Now I wonder what the name means.
In one of the chapters (see attachment below) we can see that Punch's name is written as "P2", so if "P2" can be read as "Punch" it means that "H2" can be read as "Hunch", and "hunch" means:
1. raise (one's shoulders) and bend the top of one's body forward
sit or stand with one's shoulders raised and the top of one's body bent forward
2. 1) a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than fact
2) a humped position or thing
3) a thick piece; a hunk
Attachments
H2-v22-c07-pg03.png
H2-v22-c07-pg03.png (171.84 KiB) Viewed 4134 times

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

H2 is really pronounced as it appears "H" "2(two)". The previews tell it all when they pronounce it. The P2 is a play on Punch's name. Or "Punch 2."

Newser

Post by Newser »

Heibi2 wrote:H2 is really pronounced as it appears "H" "2(two)". The previews tell it all when they pronounce it. The P2 is a play on Punch's name. Or "Punch 2."
Oh so it's a joke that means that "Punch 1" is Punch from Touch?

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

Newser wrote:
Heibi2 wrote:H2 is really pronounced as it appears "H" "2(two)". The previews tell it all when they pronounce it. The P2 is a play on Punch's name. Or "Punch 2."
Oh so it's a joke that means that "Punch 1" is Punch from Touch?
Adachi can be weird.

Newser

Post by Newser »

Well now, the secret of the name's meaning has been revealed.
*drum-beats*
"H2" stands for two heroes
It has already been hinted at (episode 9, or chapter 19), but only in manga it is avowed :D
Attachments
H2-v25-c07-pg12.png
H2-v25-c07-pg12.png (113.59 KiB) Viewed 4131 times

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

Newser wrote:Well now, the secret of the name's meaning has been revealed.
*drum-beats*
"H2" stands for two heroes
It has already been hinted at (episode 9, or chapter 19), but only in manga it is avowed :D
That would make sense. Hiro = sounds like Hero, and Hideo's kanji for his name = Hero