Classic series from the 1970's

Re: 2202

Postby LuckyMei » February 7th, 2019, 12:01 pm

@Heibi

Great work again! Saw some sub errors (misplaced letters, but that's fine. If you ever want me to proof read the chapter releases feel free to ask!) But great release!

Now regarding Chapter 7 and its Funi sub being done before the BDs are out... I personally don't care if you take a month or 10 months after Chapter 7 is released but I'd much rather watch your release of Chapter 7. Your subs have always been excellent and the way you color the subs (yellow, light blue and sometimes cool variations like with the storytellers in chapter 6) is above and beyond what mainstream studios do and it makes me happy. Even when I magically pulled out $800 for the Sentai filmworks LoGH release I always watch the original series using your subs with friends, because I much rather prefer them.

You guys have done a spectacular job these last 2 years. And I'm beyond satisfied. If you do chapter 7 in the future it'd be wonderful!
(However it's up to you guys, might not be so fun when people complain about a month's work per chapter "taking so long" haha)

Take care!
LuckyMei

Postby Heibi2 » February 9th, 2019, 9:43 am

LuckyMei wrote:@Heibi

Great work again! Saw some sub errors (misplaced letters, but that's fine. If you ever want me to proof read the chapter releases feel free to ask!) But great release!

Now regarding Chapter 7 and its Funi sub being done before the BDs are out... I personally don't care if you take a month or 10 months after Chapter 7 is released but I'd much rather watch your release of Chapter 7. Your subs have always been excellent and the way you color the subs (yellow, light blue and sometimes cool variations like with the storytellers in chapter 6) is above and beyond what mainstream studios do and it makes me happy. Even when I magically pulled out $800 for the Sentai filmworks LoGH release I always watch the original series using your subs with friends, because I much rather prefer them.

You guys have done a spectacular job these last 2 years. And I'm beyond satisfied. If you do chapter 7 in the future it'd be wonderful!
(However it's up to you guys, might not be so fun when people complain about a month's work per chapter "taking so long" haha)

Take care!

Sent you a PM. Anything you find I can incorporate into a V2 for the final batch torrent later.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMei » February 9th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Sent you a PM. Anything you find I can incorporate into a V2 for the final batch torrent later.

Hey Heibi! I copied everything down in a document since the site didn't allow me to send the message nor save it as a draft. Odd I know, said something about an error. Good thing I copied it beforehand haha. Should I send you the document? Respond here? Or wait for the issue with sending PM's to be resolved?
LuckyMei

Postby Heibi2 » February 9th, 2019, 11:25 pm

LuckyMei wrote:

Hey Heibi! I copied everything down in a document since the site didn't allow me to send the message nor save it as a draft. Odd I know, said something about an error. Good thing I copied it beforehand haha. Should I send you the document? Respond here? Or wait for the issue with sending PM's to be resolved?

Just copy and paste it into a message for me in the PM.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMei » February 10th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Heibi2 wrote:Just copy and paste it into a message for me in the PM.

This is the error message I get whenever I try sending messages.

For the time being, I'll send the Document link!
Document link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZW- ... sp=sharing
LuckyMei

Postby Heibi2 » February 10th, 2019, 3:23 pm

LuckyMei wrote:
Heibi2 wrote:Just copy and paste it into a message for me in the PM.

This is the error message I get whenever I try sending messages.

For the time being, I'll send the Document link!
Document link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZW- ... sp=sharing

Yeah, I haven't updated this forum's version for a while. It was always a pain in the butt to do since it has to rarely be done and I always forget how to do it.

Thanks for the corrections. I'll go over them and make the appropriate changes for when the V2 comes out for the final releases in the batch.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMei » February 10th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Heibi2 wrote:Thanks for the corrections. I'll go over them and make the appropriate changes for when the V2 comes out for the final releases in the batch.

My pleasure! Now I'm just waiting for the "Desva-tators" meme haha. Huge potato ships sent by Gatlantis! (I'm not trying to be rude btw, just having fun :D )
LuckyMei

Postby LuckyMei » February 10th, 2019, 10:17 pm

LuckyMei wrote:
Heibi2 wrote:Thanks for the corrections. I'll go over them and make the appropriate changes for when the V2 comes out for the final releases in the batch.

My pleasure! Now I'm just waiting for the "Desva-tators" meme haha. Huge potato ships sent by Gatlantis! (I'm not trying to be rude btw, just having fun :D )

OH WAIT! It all makes sense now! They're not "Devastators" nor "Desvatators", they're "Deathvatators". So "Desvatators" sort of works out.
Source: https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/163a/
(The name can be seen written in Katakana and Kanji, translated by CosmoDNA as "Crustacean Assault Craft Deathvatator".)
Sorry about that, I'd personally prefer the change to "Deathvatators" but I can understand if you'll stick to "Desvatators"!
"[Translator’s note: There has been long-standing confusion over the name “Desbatata” for the hermit-crab-shaped fighter. The assumption has always been that it was a misspelled version of “Devastator.” Consulting with 2202 supervising director Nobuyoshi Habara produced another explanation: it probably started out as “Devastator” and was modified into “Death-vatator.” (“Des” being a phonetic Japanese version of “Death.”) Until further evidence is found, we’ll be going with “Deathvatator” in all future texts.]
"
LuckyMei

Postby Heibi2 » February 10th, 2019, 11:15 pm

LuckyMei wrote:
LuckyMei wrote:

OH WAIT! It all makes sense now! They're not "Devastators" nor "Desvatators", they're "Deathvatators". So "Desvatators" sort of works out.
Source: https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/163a/
(The name can be seen written in Katakana and Kanji, translated by CosmoDNA as "Crustacean Assault Craft Deathvatator".)
Sorry about that, I'd personally prefer the change to "Deathvatators" but I can understand if you'll stick to "Desvatators"!
"[Translator’s note: There has been long-standing confusion over the name “Desbatata” for the hermit-crab-shaped fighter. The assumption has always been that it was a misspelled version of “Devastator.” Consulting with 2202 supervising director Nobuyoshi Habara produced another explanation: it probably started out as “Devastator” and was modified into “Death-vatator.” (“Des” being a phonetic Japanese version of “Death.”) Until further evidence is found, we’ll be going with “Deathvatator” in all future texts.]
"

They're also using a play on words with a US WWII torpedo dive-bomber. The Douglas TBD Devastator- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_TBD_Devastator
Looked though our works and couldn't find where we called it a Devastator.

Thanks for all those inputs. A couple were typos on my part - glad you saw them. But I liked a lot of the rewording you gave me on the rest. Too bad you aren't in our local area to sit in on our edit checking sessions.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMei » February 11th, 2019, 10:57 am

Heibi
They're also using a play on words with a US WWII torpedo dive-bomber. The Douglas TBD Devastator- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_TBD_Devastator
Looked though our works and couldn't find where we called it a Devastator.

Thanks for all those inputs. A couple were typos on my part - glad you saw them. But I liked a lot of the rewording you gave me on the rest. Too bad you aren't in our local area to sit in on our edit checking sessions.

Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the info! And yes I think I might have recalled the ships being called "Devastators" in either promotional material or the Ark of the Stars official sub (which isn't the best sub to be honest), so I apologize for the confusion.
It's my pleasure haha, glad to help! And if I did live in the US I would gladly help out locally as well, no doubt about it. I appreciate the compliment :D
LuckyMei

PreviousNext

Return to Space Battleship Yamato