2202

Classic series from the 1970's

Re: 2202

Postby Heibi2 » January 12th, 2019, 11:14 am

blackwell225 wrote:So it means that the translation will gonna take long, because he is also translating other anime videos? And the release would be the last week of january?


No, he's only translating one anime. Real life commitments take priority over translating anime. I can't put a date on a release until I have the translation. I know how fast I can work, I can't/won't control my translator's life. I've worked with him for more than 25 years. He could do a lot more back when he didn't that thing called bills, family aggro, and work. So please be patient.
Heibi2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 532
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: 2202

Postby LuckyMei » January 13th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Heibi2 wrote:
blackwell225 wrote:So it means that the translation will gonna take long, because he is also translating other anime videos? And the release would be the last week of january?


No, he's only translating one anime. Real life commitments take priority over translating anime. I can't put a date on a release until I have the translation. I know how fast I can work, I can't/won't control my translator's life. I've worked with him for more than 25 years. He could do a lot more back when he didn't that thing called bills, family aggro, and work. So please be patient.


Speaking of which, I do believe I've sort of mentioned it before but please do send him great thanks from me next time you see him. I personally know full well how hard it is to juggle real life & work with my other hobbies and personal projects and I can't help but admire his dedication. I jokingly say with my close friend whenever we watch your subs "hey it's best boy Hiro-kun at it again!" whenever his name pops up in the credits for your older Yamato & LoGH releases haha.

Take care & good luck!
LuckyMei
 
Posts: 34
Joined: March 17th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Re: 2202

Postby Darius » January 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am

Could you please share some information on whats going on with the translation? You've been silent for 10 days and I'm really woundering whats going on. Which episode are you on or is the translator having real life things(like you said) still going on, so you are on a break for a while? I just wish to know.
Darius
 
Posts: 5
Joined: January 22nd, 2019, 7:15 am

Re: 2202

Postby Heibi2 » January 22nd, 2019, 9:15 am

My last communication with him was in December. I'm going to inquire tomorrow(Wednesday) as to how far he is. He doesn't live in the same city as I do anymore. Long ago we live only 5 miles apart. He's in a whole other state now so I can't just waltz over and see if he's working on something.
Heibi2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 532
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: 2202

Postby Darius » January 22nd, 2019, 9:22 am

Heibi2 wrote:My last communication with him was in December. I'm going to inquire tomorrow(Wednesday) as to how far he is. He doesn't live in the same city as I do anymore. Long ago we live only 5 miles apart. He's in a whole other state now so I can't just waltz over and see if he's working on something.


Thanks for the info :). Hopefully he is at least close to finishing .
Darius
 
Posts: 5
Joined: January 22nd, 2019, 7:15 am

Re: 2202

Postby Heibi2 » January 22nd, 2019, 5:46 pm

blackwell225 wrote:When you say "He's in a whole other state now". This means that the chance of getting it translated and release for this month won't be met! Chances are the episode 19 up to 22 will be release next month or maybe it won't be! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(


No idea what you're talking about. It only means I can't get in a car and cruise to his house in 10 minutes. It would take me 6+ hours now. That's all it means. But since i'm the one paying for the translation once it's done, I can be patient.
Heibi2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 532
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: 2202

Postby Dire_Venom » January 23rd, 2019, 5:51 am

Thanks for keeping in touch Hebi : )
Love the great work you two do, and looking forward to binge watching all the episodes again when the next come out :D

To the guy above, dude Hebi always updates us when the translations reach the next step. He's the one paying for this out of his own money, and the translator does this in his spare time.
If you cannot be patient and wait, pay for it with your own money. Hebi owes you nothing and has been fan-subbing this out of his own goodwill.
Dire_Venom
 
Posts: 18
Joined: April 7th, 2018, 3:10 am

Re: 2202

Postby LuckyMei » January 23rd, 2019, 8:01 am

Dire_Venom wrote:Thanks for keeping in touch Hebi : )
Love the great work you two do, and looking forward to binge watching all the episodes again when the next come out :D

To the guy above, dude Hebi always updates us when the translations reach the next step. He's the one paying for this out of his own money, and the translator does this in his spare time.
If you cannot be patient and wait, pay for it with your own money. Hebi owes you nothing and has been fan-subbing this out of his own goodwill.


Yeah what DireVenom said. If you want to watch the epsode "RAW" then buy it yourself or wait for Funimation's official subs which will return to a weekly schedule beginning February 2nd starting with episode 14. And if you're so impatient and have no faith in Heibi and his team you'll be able to watch the official sub of episode 19 in.... 6 weeks.

I'll be waiting for the fansub until it's finished without complaining, it's one of the best fansubs I've seen for a long time and it's definitely worth the wait. Thank you again Heibi for your great work, keep it up!
LuckyMei
 
Posts: 34
Joined: March 17th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Re: 2202

Postby Heibi2 » January 23rd, 2019, 10:18 am

blackwell225 wrote:First of all. Did you found out where he live?(Don't tell me the location of the translator). Second, did you ask his progress of translating the remaining episodes? Third, It's almost the end of the month. And you haven't post anything in this forum about the PROGRESS. And Fourth, many SBY 2202 fans and watchers have enough WAITING for too long. And wants a RAW EPISODE! So tell me. If you say that "I can be patient". What about the others?

1. I know exactly where he lives.
2. I'm also waiting for the translation and want to work on it and get it out.
3. I work long hours on timing, editing, text placement, and more editing. By the time you get it I've watched the shows at least 3-5 times(in the timing/editing and the check-watching).
4. I'm paying for the translation - YOU aren't. If you're willing to send me a couple hundred bucks I'm sure I'd be more motivated to hear you complain.
Heibi2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 532
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: 2202

Postby Heibi2 » January 24th, 2019, 12:33 am

blackwell225 wrote:To Dire_Venom:
Dude. Did you read heibi's latest post before this argument even began? My last inquiries was January 12. 10 days later. Heibi hasn't inform any progress at all with the translation. So you think he would just inform us without any progress of the translation at all? Then the bad news about this:"He doesn't live in the same city as I do anymore. Long ago we live only 5 miles apart. He's in a whole other state now so I can't just waltz over and see if he's working on something". So you think that won't delay the translation even further?


What argument are you talking about? I was stating a simple fact and you threw a tantrum. Your entitlement attitude is something to behold.

There was no progress to report - therefore, no reason to post anything. That's how updates work. As soon as I receive the script I will tell everyone here. You apparently can't handle that concept. Everyone else told you and you refused to "listen". I also watched it without subtitles about a month ago. I'm so glad you have a friend that will do that for you. Enjoy. No grow up and realize that the world does not revolve around what you want.
Heibi2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 532
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Space Battleship Yamato

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron