Movie subtitles

Classic series from the 1970's

Movie subtitles

Postby bigfire » January 8th, 2012, 4:26 am

Has anybody ever created subs for the movies (excluding, obviously, resurrection and the live action)? I ask because my domestic DVDs of them have a pretty terrible video quality. I've purchased some of the movies from Japan when I was visiting, and I think (though I need to check) that they had better video quality. Except, of course, no subtitles. I wanted to show my friends Final Yamato, using the best quality I could, but I can't find any subtitles for it. Any suggestions?
bigfire

Re: Movie subtitles

Postby Heibi2 » January 8th, 2012, 9:02 am

Are you referring to Final Yamato? The one where it sinks into the Water Planet.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby exedore » January 8th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Voyager have had the original films for so long that I doubt anybody else has bothered doing a release with them. Unfortunately, they don't seem interested in spending the money to rerelease them and do it right, preferring to just keep their VHS master dumps on the market.
exedore

Postby bigfire » January 8th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Heibi2 wrote:Are you referring to Final Yamato? The one where it sinks into the Water Planet.

Yes, that's the one.
bigfire

Postby Heibi2 » January 8th, 2012, 6:21 pm

I believe I have the script but only have the LD for a source.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby bigfire » January 14th, 2012, 2:04 am

Heibi2 wrote:I believe I have the script but only have the LD for a source.

If you could PM me, I'd like to get a copy of the script and start trying to put it together. I have the Japanese release of it.

It'd be really nice if they could ever get a Yamato bluray restoration project going.
bigfire

Postby Bernardo » February 13th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Yes, all Yamato got subbed (in english).
Don't know about commercial releses or whether the subs where from a commercial release or not though.
Yamato movies (they have different alternative titles...) => examples:
0. Space Battleship Yamato => "[MW]_Uchuu_Senkan_Yamato_(movie)_-_Movie_Part_*_of_2[CRC].mkv" (2 parts)
1. Arrivederci Yamato => "[MW] Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato - In the Name of Love - Part * [CRC].mkv" (2 parts) or "Space Battleship Yamato - Arrivederci Yamato (1978)" (.avi+.srt)
2. Yamato: The New Voyage => "2-Space Battleship Yamato - New Journey (1979).avi"
3. Be Forever Yamato => "3-Space Battleship Yamato - Be Forever Yamato (1980).avi"
4. Final Yamato => "[ass] space battleship yamato - final - part * (Quality)[CRC].avi" (2 parts)
[5. Resurrection => "[ANBU]_Space_Battleship_Yamato_Revival_[Quality][CRC].mkv"]
[6. Space Battleship Yamato (live action)]

So Final Yamato is there with hardsubs.
Maybe there is another release or a rip, but I wouldn't know of it - else than that from subs*com*ru/page*php?id=8202, which is splitted in 3 parts and in various file formats.
Just btw - as you lived in Germany - there also was a reencode of ANBU's release which hardcoded some things (if I remember correctly "effect" things, like songs).
Last edited by Bernardo on February 13th, 2012, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernardo

Postby Heibi2 » February 13th, 2012, 1:57 pm

None of the TV series episodes were ever subbed commercially. They were only dubbed - Starblazers.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby Bernardo » February 13th, 2012, 3:29 pm

So I guess it's the same for the movies, which means the translation at subs*com*ru is from a fansub group or a non-US release.

The 3 .srts from there had some errors (missing words, the .jses were superior in that case).
Put them together in a single file, re-numbered the lines and pre-adjusted the timing (though Subtitle Edit).
Split points are still in and like that:
"0
(time line)
###"
To do: find a video and shift the all lines after the split points (could/should need two shiftings).
http://uploadmirrors.com/download/94NG3 ... Yamato.srt

[E: credits in the New Journey subs: "Translated by Takami Kawakami and Jeff Blend, Subtitled by NT-Anime, Sale of this video is illegal!". Furthermore the .jses of the New Journey subs also have lines for characters, eg. that "NARRATOR" in the "0:00:36.67 0:00:39.64 {NARRATOR:} \IThe great Universe extends to infinity." line; the .srts don't have such thing, .asses can have. Don't know if there's a way to convert the .jses to .asses to keep these character information intact.]
[E2: the 2. .srt of New Journey is shit (there must have been a convert error), but the .jses (JACOsubs) are ok + translation is very similar to "2-Space Battleship Yamato - New Journey (1979).avi")]
Bernardo

Postby liquid712 » June 18th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Thanks for the reply with the name files, I don't understand this forum. Where are the links for download the project from the fansub. And I don't understand the the rule number 11. I'm from Argentina but, why the banned for people from rusia and china?

Thanks again.
liquid712

Next

Return to Space Battleship Yamato