Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

Yes, I saw the announcement.

Heibi2
Site Admin

Re: 2205

Post by Heibi2 »

And if no one is doing it, we will subtitle it.

Leedommel

Post by Leedommel »

You guys rock!

blanmgr

Post by blanmgr »

Huh.. Huh.. Did I miss something? What has been posted? 2205?

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

Next year they are doing 2205. Continuing the story.

LuckyMei

Post by LuckyMei »

You guys are true soldiers of love Heibi! Let the yellow subs rule supreme!

On another note, will you guys be working on something else next year or will you have a break until 2205?

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

LuckyMei wrote:You guys are true soldiers of love Heibi! Let the yellow subs rule supreme!

On another note, will you guys be working on something else next year or will you have a break until 2205?
Just taking a break. We might upload some oldies that we are redoing now that we can digitalize them, but not sure when.

LuckyMei

Post by LuckyMei »

Heibi2 wrote:
Just taking a break. We might upload some oldies that we are redoing now that we can digitalize them, but not sure when.

It's a well-earned break so make sure to enjoy it as best you can!

LuckyMei

Post by LuckyMei »

Good evening! It seems like before 2205 comes out they'll release a documentary-style omnibus/recap movie of everything from the original Yamato's destruction in 1945 - all the way to 2202, with the Blu-ray release coming as soon as January 15th.

Would you guys be interested in subbing this? The Blu-ray won't release with English subs (once again), and going by how Funimation still haven't made a localized release of 2199: Ark of the Stars... I doubt they'll do this movie either. Below this question are some sources for ease of navigation.

I'd love to help out this time with around as well, if possible.

Take care! //
Mei

[Sources Below]

Source 1:
https://yamato2202.net/omnibus2202/index.html
Source 2: https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/492a/

-CHRONOLOGY to be covered-

1945: Battleship Yamato sinks, World War II ends
1969: Humans reach the moon
2011: International Space Station completed
2042: Humans reach Mars
2111: Settlements on Mars
2145: 200th anniversary of the end of World War II
2164: Outbreak of the First Inner Planetary War
2183: End of the Second Inner Planetary War
2191: First contact with an alien civilization (Gamillas), start of war
2198: Second Battle of Mars
2199: Space Battleship Yamato achieves humanity’s first faster-than-light travel
2200: End of the Gamillas War
2201: Time Fault existence confirmed
2202: Gatlantis War begins

-Comment from Writer • Supervisor • Screenplay: Harutoshi Fukui-

The world of the Space Battleship Yamato remake series depicted in 2199 and 2202 is not just an update of the original work, it is a “world” constructed of metaphors and allegories for reality. People’s lives are confused by division, misunderstanding, and unwanted changes. For us, stuck in these severe times, it is also a mirror that reflects hints and hopes for living.

Before you see the newest work, Yamato 2205 The New Voyage, we will take you on a journey to re-examine this “world” from scratch. Not from 1, but from 0. Reaching the moon, settling on Mars, the first contact with an alien civilization. It is an unknown journey that diverges from reality with a new image and leaps out of the galaxy. Fans, if you are given to dismiss this as a compilation, you should take another look. If you haven’t seen the series yet, don’t miss a great chance to board the legendary ship.

-Comment from Anime and Tokusatsu researcher Ryusuke Hikawa-

Every time I watched the Yamato 2199 series there was fresh surprise and joy. “I see, this is what you’re doing.” 2202 is a reconstruction of Farewell to Yamato, and no matter who did it, they had to break through difficult problems with suffering and present me with new intrigue and confidence. “Where are we going?” The mind-boggling physical warfare is still fresh in my memory, and now it has all been “gathered into one place.” I would like to thank everyone on the staff who cleared this challenge with an unexpected approach. Looking back, the first Yamato series was the product of a time when we had big dreams about space development. After a long period of stagnation afterward, it is “now” when hot eyes have returned to space. I am convinced that this has become a necessary work.

Heibi2
Site Admin

Post by Heibi2 »

We'll have to think about it.