Classic series from the 1970's

Re: 2202

Postby blackwell225 » January 11th, 2019, 10:55 am

So you mean that someone is working for the translation? Can the fans be able to watch it by next week?
blackwell225

Postby Heibi2 » January 11th, 2019, 4:12 pm

blackwell225 wrote:So you mean that someone is working for the translation? Can the fans be able to watch it by next week?

No, I have someone translating it. Once they send me the script I can start working on it. I will keep everyone informed as to what is going on. I do not foresee it being ready next week. My translator has real life commitments and must see to them first. He is definitely more than half way done.

Timeline usually goes like this
I get translation
I time the show(i.e. wave time in AegiSub)
I edit the script
We watch the episodes and correct errors
I have one of my editors go over the script again(sometimes before we watch as a group).
Once I have all the possible edits/corrections we watch it one more time.
I upload the show after final corrections made
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby blackwell225 » January 12th, 2019, 9:06 am

So it means that the translation will gonna take long, because he is also translating other anime videos? And the release would be the last week of january?
blackwell225

Postby Heibi2 » January 12th, 2019, 10:14 am

blackwell225 wrote:So it means that the translation will gonna take long, because he is also translating other anime videos? And the release would be the last week of january?

No, he's only translating one anime. Real life commitments take priority over translating anime. I can't put a date on a release until I have the translation. I know how fast I can work, I can't/won't control my translator's life. I've worked with him for more than 25 years. He could do a lot more back when he didn't that thing called bills, family aggro, and work. So please be patient.
Heibi2
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMei » January 13th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Heibi2 wrote:
blackwell225 wrote:So it means that the translation will gonna take long, because he is also translating other anime videos? And the release would be the last week of january?

No, he's only translating one anime. Real life commitments take priority over translating anime. I can't put a date on a release until I have the translation. I know how fast I can work, I can't/won't control my translator's life. I've worked with him for more than 25 years. He could do a lot more back when he didn't that thing called bills, family aggro, and work. So please be patient.

Speaking of which, I do believe I've sort of mentioned it before but please do send him great thanks from me next time you see him. I personally know full well how hard it is to juggle real life & work with my other hobbies and personal projects and I can't help but admire his dedication. I jokingly say with my close friend whenever we watch your subs "hey it's best boy Hiro-kun at it again!" whenever his name pops up in the credits for your older Yamato & LoGH releases haha.

Take care & good luck!
LuckyMei

Previous

Return to Space Battleship Yamato