OVA/Movie question

You can win a war by singing a song
Post Reply
ecchifan
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2012, 4:04 pm

OVA/Movie question

Post by ecchifan »

Just started watching the TV series. Is there a recommendation on when to watch the OVAs/Movie? Anidb says "It is speculated that the story of Macross 7: Encore takes place between episode 39-42 of Macross 7". Is that correct? How bout the movie?

Heibi2
Site Admin
Posts: 561
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by Heibi2 »

Yeah, somewhere around there. You could always watch them after the series. The movie though, is definitely during the series after Gabi appears with Grabil and after they leave the planet's surface.

ecchifan
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by ecchifan »

Ok tnx :)

Heibi2
Site Admin
Posts: 561
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by Heibi2 »

If you get frustrated with the show, bear with it. The CG is not as good as Mac Plus or Frontier. During its airing Mac Plus got all the money for its CG effects. Later on in Mac 7 the CG starts to improve. Oh, the plot is great and you learn more about the Protoculture too. Basara repeats one song quite a bit, but that changes drastically later.

Bernardo
Posts: 8
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by Bernardo »

Maybe what ja.wp says? If I got it right: movie between 38 and 39.
Or maybe by air/release dates?

ecchifan
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by ecchifan »

Heibi2 wrote:If you get frustrated with the show, bear with it. The CG is not as good as Mac Plus or Frontier. During its airing Mac Plus got all the money for its CG effects. Later on in Mac 7 the CG starts to improve. Oh, the plot is great and you learn more about the Protoculture too. Basara repeats one song quite a bit, but that changes drastically later.
Watched 1-15 in one sitting. I'm hanging in there :P Well so far i wouldn't recommend this show to any mecha fan. I guess i don't really like the no fighting thing :lol: Aside from the fight scenes (?), it seems interesting... the characters atleast.

As for that one song, i don't really like it :lol: I just skip a bit till a dialogue pops up :lol:

Btw these (Gabi and Grabil) are their spellings in your subs, right?
Bernardo wrote:Maybe what ja.wp says? If I got it right: movie between 38 and 39.
Or maybe by air/release dates?
Mahq says between 42-43 :? And the movie was released after the series i think.

Heibi2
Site Admin
Posts: 561
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by Heibi2 »

Definitely not a show that turned on mecha fans due to the low quality. There is a ton of character development.

Problem with skipping is that there is dialog during the song sometimes(quite often really).

Yep, Gabi and Grabil are the spellings I think we used.

You're now getting close to the actual plot of the series. When they reach the planet is when stuff really starts to happen.

ecchifan
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by ecchifan »

Heibi2 wrote:Definitely not a show that turned on mecha fans due to the low quality. There is a ton of character development.

Problem with skipping is that there is dialog during the song sometimes(quite often really).

Yep, Gabi and Grabil are the spellings I think we used.

You're now getting close to the actual plot of the series. When they reach the planet is when stuff really starts to happen.
Only at ep18 atm. I don't think i missed much dialog if any. Though i should stop skipping... probably only saving a few seconds every ep :lol:

And yep its getting interesting now :)

Heibi2
Site Admin
Posts: 561
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Re: OVA/Movie question

Post by Heibi2 »

Not to mention a whole bunch of new songs start to get introduced. Planet Dance will not be heard very in the near future.

Post Reply